Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello My Name Is


I thought this blogger
http://youcanthandlethis.blogspot.com/
was interesting and enjoyed reading the "Hello My Name Is" post:

"Sometimes, as a Christian, I feel as though I don't want to tell people what church I attend, only because I know that, as soon as I answer, I'll be judged by it.It's not that I'm afraid of "judgment, " -- I understand that different churches follow different doctrines, but, for once, I'd like to be judged by my own actions, my own beliefs, and my own words rather than whatever the title of my church might be, or how many people attend each week, or how many former Target stores we're renovating into new campuses.I just want to be... me.Besides, I'm a horrible spokesman -- I don't always have minty-fresh breath and I can't play guitar for beans.Oh, and yes, I'm the one who left toast crumbs in the butter. For shame.There, that's it. I'm done. Carry on."

No comments: